Click Here to Contact Us
The Egan Legal Team Picture of Redwood Castle (click to learn more)

Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, contact the Egan Legal Team.

Will I have to go to court?

Usually not.  Nearly all cases are settled, whether before or after our client gives their deposition.  However, we prepare every case as if it will go all the way to trial.  We would much rather go to trial than accept unfair compensation for a client.

Can I afford your services?  What are your fees?

Unless you win or settle, there are no fees. Our fees are based on a percentage of the total recovery on your case.

What costs will I incur?

Oregon State Bar regulations require the client to pay the expenses of the litigation, whether the case is won or lost.  Generally, our firm will advance most costs and be reimbursed at the end of the case from your recovery.  Before we undertake any significant costs, we always explain to our clients why we believe it is essential to a successful outcome.

If another lawyer has referred me to you, does that mean my case is going to cost me more money?

No.  We generally do not pay referral fees.  If we did pay a referral fee to another attorney, it would be paid from our own attorney fees.  You will never be required to pay additional money.

How long will this process take?

The answer depends on the case. Most cases in Oregon are completed (unless there is an appeal or other delay) within 15 months of the case being filed in court. Multnomah County, Oregon has one of the fastest dockets in the country.

Will you take my case?

We can only accept cases with merit that we believe we can win. Sometimes the merit of a case can be determined almost immediately. In other instances, we need additional time, effort, and investigation to evaluate your case.  Sometimes, bad acts are not illegal and injuries have no legal remedy.  And many legally viable claims can end up costing more to pursue than the client ultimately recovers.  Our firm will always give you our honest opinion on the legal and practical merits of your case.

I've been hurt in an accident and I want to file a claim for my injuries. What's the first thing I should do?

  1. Make sure you get good, immediate medical care.
  2. Take pictures of your injuries and document the scene and any physical damage to your vehicle or property.
  3. Speak only to law enforcement and your medical providers.  Do not discuss the case or your injuries with anyone else (including insurance representatives) until you know your rights.  Even seemingly innocent comments can be twisted around and may end up damaging your case in ways that your attorney can't undo.
  4. Contact our office promptly for a consultation.

Our Firm
Vision & Values
Representative Cases
Egan Family Tradition

Our Team
Jon M. Egan
Terry Shand III
Michèle Lauzier

Practice Areas
Wage and Hour
Personal Injury
Class Actions


Contact Us

  © 2015 Jon M. Egan, PC.
547 Fifth Street
Lake Oswego, OR 97034-3009
tel. (503) 697-3427
fax (866) 311-5629